Meerut One Day ItineraryThe city of Meerut has great historical significance as well as commercial importance. There are a number of places and sites of tourist importance which, in an all day's work, becomes very difficult. Given the fact that the city is located close to Delhi, planning a one day trip for many tourists may be the only way out. Hastinapur, Sardhana and Meerut is the popular loop for any tourist, covering which requires at least two days' schedule. However, with the limited time, the idea is to cover as many places possible within one day's time.
Visit to MeerutLocated at a distance of 90 kms from Delhi, Meerut is known as a hub of industrial and agriculture and is a largest manufacturer of sports goods, scissors and musical instruments. It is known for a number of historic monuments and sites dating back to the times immemorial offers a number of sites and places of historical importance, gardens and parks, amusement parks, museums, etc.
The city is famed for its largest and earliest cantonment area built during the British era, which in present days houses some of the important monuments dating back to those times and a museum as well. The number of temples and churches in the city have deep-rooted history. As a hub of manufacturing, agro products, sports goods, musical instruments are the city's popular industries.
Travel to Meerut is incomplete without travel to Hastinapur and Sardhana near Meerut. Hastinapur is renowned for its history dating back to the days of Mahabharat and in present times has a number of Jain temples that attract visitors from world over. Sardhana, is popular for its ancient churches that were built during the early 19th century.
Accommodation and Bookings in MeerutMeerut has wide range of stay options for the tourists as accommodation is available in every segment across various areas in the city. From budget stay options to three star and five star stay options, Meerut is a central place for stay for people traveling to nearby towns. You can find good choice in food as well as the streets here are dotted with eateries and restaurants to suit every taste bud.
Suggested Travel Itinerary in MeerutGiven the fact that you have only one day to cover the places of the city, there are many choices to cover the places located within a radius of 50 kms from Meerut. It is suggested that you take a cab on hire or have your own vehicle. Alternatively, you may hire a rickshaw at every point, which is, however, subject to availability. You may begin your journey at a stop at Meerut Cantonment.
- Start from Meerut Cantonment- Being one of the oldest and the largest Cantonment of the British India, Meerut Cantonment has a lot to offer. You can start your visit to this place by around 9 am and can complete the sightseeing of Cantonment by 11 am. Some of the highlights here are the Shaheed Smarak, Museum etc.
- Proceed to the Augurnath Temple and the St. John's Church the construction of which dates back to the British times.
- Post lunch you may now proceed to Shahpeer's Dargah and the Suraj Kund Park. By then since it will already be 3 pm it is suggested to proceed to Hastinapur or Sardhana.
- At Hastinapur the places of interest are the number of Jain Temples the origin of which date back to very early times the Wildlife Sanctuary etc.
- Sardhana is another option that you may consider instead, where one can visit the church called Basilica of Begum Sumru.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0